Saturday 12 March 2011

Lovely Saturday

Today has been lovely. I've been enjoying an almost perfect balance of getting things done and relaxing. It started when the cat woke me up by purring in my ear (then standing on my head because I wasn't quick enough to fuss her), then I chilled with her for a while before getting up and sorting the kitchen and a load of washing.

Once that was done I got myself up and dressed properly, then rode my bike to the library. I felt very boho chic, and that I should really have had the chance to be photographed for a style blog (in my mac n jeans combo with a bag of books). Books back to the library, a few bits from the shops and ride on home. I got hubby a bit of apressie, because he's been working so hard to tile the bathroom (and he had a really good appraisal at work).

The tiles are on the wall, and have all stayed there. Tomorrow the plan is to grout. Hubster's plan is to grout. My responsibility has been finishing off the kitchen cupboards, which was going well. They were all ready, handles on and only needed to be fastened on before the in laws come over to visit this evening.

When I went to put the cupboard doors up the handles were on backwards. And I didn't even notice until I fitted them on, screwed them in and then tried to close to the doors...I hate to reinforce the girls are rubbish at DIY sterotype, my apologies to the feminist cause.

After an emergency trip to B&Q for a new door (there are three cupboards and no way to move the doors around to fill all the gaps since I put the handles on the wrong side of all the doors) the kitchen is now finished. It's also clean, wiped, tidied and prepared to act as showhome to impress the visitors.

Who are coming round at 7ish, so I should go and make myself as ready as the kitchen. There will be plenty more DIY distasters to share in the future I suspect.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds Idyllic, glad to hear the kitchen doors were easily sorted. Hope the grouting went well and you had a lovely time with the outlaws (in-laws)x

    ReplyDelete