Sunday 26 June 2011

Simple weekending

My garden is becoming my life. Today has blasted hot, sun, balmy breeze, glorious deep breath feel better, thank you world for smiling on me today. And I have spent as much of it as possible outside. I'm still sitting out here now, being all cafe culture via our wireless. It could be my dream farm in france (or spain/portugal/bulgaria...any warm europen country with relatively cheap small holdings to be had).

Apologies for the blogging absence, I've been thinking about why I write on here and the thinking is taking time. The rest of life is taking time too, and inspiration to write hasn't been strong enough to actually make it into typing after everything else that fills my days. I want to write when it fires me up and makes me feel alive, not becuase I feel I 'should'. I'm feeling a lot of 'should' pressure in life at the moment; should have a clean/tidy/finished house, should be motivated, should be looking for career progression, should be making new friends, should be doing more, should be doing different, should, should, should. I think a lot of it is internal pressure that I'm putting on myself without consiously realising at the time, expressing internalised ideas about what is 'doing well', 'good', 'proper'.

What I have been doing is spending two lovely relaxed days with many of my favourite people in this world. There was tea, cake, an art cafe, curry, films, chat, laughter, chilling, bubbles, fairy lights, wine, almost fireworks and more tea (always more tea).

I've also (finally) treated myself to Gala Darling's Love and Sequins, by taking advantage of her celebratory half price sale (Same sex marriage was legalised in New York State this weekend - it seems fitting that she chose to celebrate by making it easier for people to get her ebook about being yourself and living the right life for you).

I actually have a heap of books and ebooks and links and podcasts about figuring yourself out and being ok with who you are. Unfortunately I've been finding it hard to take the time to focus on it all and see if there's anything useful (another 'should'). Love and Sequins comes with mp3s, which are burning on to CDs for my daily commute as I type. It starts tomorrow :)

So thank you to all those who visited this weekend, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Look out for the fireworks in August!

1 comment:

  1. I had a wonderful time, thankyou so much for having us! :)
    (also: love&sequins yay! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it :) xx

    ReplyDelete