Tuesday 24 January 2012

Grati-tuesday

I started my Grati-tuesday 24 hours early this week. Once a month I have a Monday evening in all to myself. No social engagements, no husband, no need to do anythign except whatever I want.

Yesterday I got in, made a lovely rissotto, watched 90s sitcoms for a while, played with the camera, and danced around my house to slightly too loud summery music whilst blowing bubbles out of the back window. Suddenly this collection of 'small things' made my world seem a better place. Whatever tomorrow, or the next day, or the next, may throw at me I am grateful that this space meant I recaptured something of myself and got a decent dose of perspective.

I'm also thankful that;



  • I've sent some post to some dear friends recently, and will hopefully be meeting up with another of my dearest very soon.


  • Creativity is begining to trickle again. A poem, a letter, some photographs.


  • Our house has all its rooms useable again (or possibly for the first time since we moved in)


  • I've been blessed with new connections and new friendships in the local area.


  • The sun was back. So shiny.


  • Rissotto exists, and makes such a good take-to-work-lunch.

What're you thankful for so far this week?

(p.s. yes, I intend to simply reappear as if the last two months of silence didn't happen x)

1 comment:

  1. This: "danced around my house to slightly too loud summery music whilst blowing bubbles out of the back window"

    Love!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete