Saturday 27 March 2010

Thanks lovely lady!




One of my bestest friends has given me an award!
I have a sneaking suspicion it's an attempt to kick me into updating more often (which seems to have worked, since there've been two since last night)

There are rules with this award, about linking to x-many other blogs you think are also beautiful and such. Unfortunately my baby steps in blog-land mean I don't regularly read enough yet, so the 'rule' will have to become more of a guideline for now.

So I will adapt the guidelines and tell you why go placidly is a super cool chick and beautiful lady, who I am glad to have as my friend and even gladder she keeps on agreeing to be mine too.
  1. She is true to herself, even though she probably doesn't realise it. Sticking to what you believe, sometimes whilst you're still figuring out exactly what that is, takes a very impressive kind of personal strength.
  2. She inspires me. By her well balanced and motivated outlook and by the way she'll notice just the right thing to make the day seem brighter or to make you think.
  3. She has excellent taste; in all areas to be honest. I would trust her recommendation or advice about a show, a book, a new musician, and of course whether or not my bum really did look amazing in a particular outfit.
I could very easily go on, but 15 things might be enough to make her blush!

Thank you for my award lovely lady, I will do my best to write more often and let the world know what's going on.

P.S. wedding themed update/ponderance/essay/rant coming soon. (The statement "It's your day" is a tricksy lie designed to create stress and make you realise who your real friends are. Do you agree or disagree?)

2 comments:

  1. this is just the sweetest post ever. seriously, i am so touched by what you said. thankyou, thankyou lady! i love you!!
    (and the award was because you deserve it, but if it encourages you to blog more that's good too. win win! ;)
    i think weddings are difficult because they are the most personal thing in the world (just you&your husband-to-be)but also have to tick so many boxes of the "right" way to do it, and please so many people (friends, family members, "the world at large" which influences everything we do no matter how hard we try to resist it) plus the fact that you're only doing it once and want it to be perfect but have enough different ideas of what "perfect" looks like that you could easily do it fifty times over...
    i am in awe of how calm you are being, i know i would have had a complete breakdown by now if it were me. you are amazing. and if there's anything i can do (even if it's just to compliment you or make tea or listen to rants and agree whole-heartedly) you know i am there in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it looks that way at least! I'll fill you in on all the details when I see you (or at least in a more private way than here :P)
    see you in two weeks x

    ReplyDelete