Wednesday 31 March 2010

manage this management

I've spent today on a time management course. It was suggested at a supervision session in work because I often feel harrassed and swamped by all the things I have to get done.

It had lots of useful little tips and tricks, and has made me think a lot about why I do things and what my attitude is. Overall though my conclusion is that I'm not too bad at managing my time really, so long as I stay motivated and proactive. What it has made me realise is that the main reason I get stressed at work is simply that there is far too much to do. And however well you manage a huge workload it will still be huge (it's something to do with physics). I'm not sure how realising this will help me day to day in work, since the workload can't realistically get any smaller, but at least I'm confident it's not me slacking.

I'd love to try out some of the strategies and plans from the course. Hopefully I will be able to soon, but for now I just don't have the time (!).

No comments:

Post a Comment