Wednesday 7 April 2010

progress report

the bathroom is nearly undercoated. I have entirely under estimated the amount of time it takes to strip a room of paper, prepare the walls and paint them. I gave myself the entire bank holiday weekend (apart from the visiting time) and we finished the undercoat last night. It's disheartening really; I'd built myself up to be super home maker and start making this place our own. The only expectations I'm failing are my own, but that's a habit I have. The feeling of failure when I miss a self-imposed target is pretty much the same as missing a real one. I need to work on chilling out about that really.
I did ring a lady about a wedding cake though. She sounded lovely, gave me some information and I'm to ring her back next week to talk details and arrange meeting up.
My head is a spinning to do list atm. I have until about 7:30pm to pack for the weekend (yay!), empty my boot of work things, check the oil in my car, make some dinner, tidy bedroom and living room, sort my laundry so it'll get done whilst I'm away, deliver some flowers to a friend from work who is poorly and get myself to aqua. Go go gadget Yen.

(my life is more than to do lists...it just doesn't feel like it at the moment!)

1 comment:

  1. Mine isn't. to do lists up to my ears. it's all good ;)

    ReplyDelete