Monday 19 April 2010

And in a change from our scheduled programming...

I am at home, when I should be at work. Some would relish this extra self-time, but I am far far far too busy at work and have no time left to reschedule the things I have had to cancel.

At about 7pm last night I was putting some laundry away when I glanced out of the window and saw a little cat hiding under my car. Or so I thought. When I looked closer I realised that cats aren't usually flat and shiny. So I took my puzzled self outside and stuck my finger in the shiny patch of glistening something that was oozing out from under my car.

First thing this morning I rang a local garage and got Rosie to limp down there, making some strange noises but going. They are going to check her over and ring me back as soon as they know what's going on. My money is on oil (level has dropped below the dip stick even though it was fine a week ago) and/or power steering fluid (it felt like driving a sleeping tank full of cement). Plus, both of those are shiny oily things that can leak out of a car. This is my level of car knowledge. Please please please don't be too expensive!

So I rang work, got them to cancel my morning appointments and have been getting back on top of the house work. Hopefully I'll know what's going on soon, so I can either go and pay for Rosie's release or leave her to be mended whilst I get the train to work (to catch up on paperwork all afternoon).

prayers and positive vibes greatly appreciated, thanks

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, I'm sending get-well-soon vibes to Rosie and prayers that the ransom for her release was not too exorbitant. Hope your day got much better xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he, I used to have a car called Rosie too - seems it's quite a common vehicular name!

    ReplyDelete