Sunday 5 December 2010

Shiver!

Andy and I have been away since yesterday, staying at my aunt and uncle's house. In a burst of eco-consiousness I turned the heating onto standby, so it would only kick in if the pipes were going to freeze. I set it so it would come back on properly at about 10am today to make the house warm for when we got back. Or so I thought I did.





It turns out that I haven't quite mastered the timer system on the (fairly) new boiler yet and the heating didnt come on before we came back. The radiators had just been on though when we arrived home, because the temperature *inside* our house had fallen to less than 10 degrees.





After three hours of full blast heating the general temperature is up to 16 degrees...I've lit lots of candles, so at least it *looks* warm!





We were visiting my aunt and uncle to catch up with them, which we try to do at least every couple of months. They had also offered to do us a photoshoot, as they are photographers (amongst many talents and business ventures). They have a lovely warm house, including a studio at the back of the living room and we spent an enjoyable few hours pretending to be models.





Strike a pose, it's the beautiful people!






and would you like to see my wedding dress?


We had a really lovely time, were made to feel relaxed and helped to enjoy ourselves as neither of us are keen about having our pictures taken generally. There are loads of beautiful pictures that look amazingly pretty and capture little glimpses of our personalities. I know that Trish and Bill are happy to do informal photoshoots during evenings and weekends, so if any of you are interested let me know and I can put you in touch to talk to them about details and charges.

Trish and Bill are going to come for christmas at our house as well now. So it will be the two of us, my parents, their dog, Trish and Bill and their two dogs. Six people, three dogs, half renovated house.

I'm actually quite excited about it. I may be crazy but a whole house full of family, hectic movement, warm lovely food and fairy lights seems a great idea to me.

Now I need to go and work with Andy to make it happen!

2 comments:

  1. Hurrah! You (both) look lovely!! :) xxx

    ps hope you get a little warmer soon (says the girl hiding out under blankets. brr!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree wholeheartedly with Rachel(for she is wise)gorgeous pictures of gorgeous people.

    Your christmas plans sound wonderful. Hope all 6 of you have a fantastic, and not too hectic, day x

    ReplyDelete