Wednesday 9 September 2009

Finding inspiration from blogland

specifically "the simple woman's daybook" which I happened across (http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/).

FOR TODAY(Wednesday 9th September)...

Outside my window...it is dark, and slightly blustery after a glorious last gasp of summer day.

I am thinking...that I feel tired, and I'd forgotten what a drag commuting by bus is. I'm *so* glad I don't have to do it every day anymore.

I am thankful for...the chance to spend some time with my family. Especially as it is in the process of getting larger (by marriage, not by baby. I don't want to start any rumours!)

From the kitchen...plum and apple crumble, with home grown apples (from our garden) and plums (from mum's garden). A modern age-old domestic collaboration - cottage garden with a commute.

I am wearing...my grey cowl neck tunic with red flowery pattern and leggings, finished off with super-stylish blue fluffy slippers. During the summer I'd forgotten just how amazing a comfy pair of slippers are.

I am creating...this post and lots of ideas of ways to maintain my current burst of enthusiasm for life.

I am going...on a hopefully glorious trip with my family (soon to be plus 2) to the dales for a long weekend. Only potential drawback is that they're going to expect me to walk a lot. Potential great things include good food, chilled times and excellent company.

I am reading...I have just finish reading a biography of Ingrid Bergman. I'll choose a new book this weekend from the haul we got from the library book sale last month (we had to buy a new bookshelf).

I am hoping...that it doesn't rain this weekend.

I am hearing...my parents' dog snoring, the faint sound of TV as my dad watches it and my mum shifting stuff around in the room next to me whilst she looks for holiday things.

Around the house...I have been completely undomesticated today, as it's not my hosue and I've been out of it between 7am and 6pm. I did put my breakfast bowl straight in the dishwasher this morning though.

One of my favorite things...the shortbread apple pie I recently mastered, eaten straight from the tray, no plate, and with a cup of tea in the other hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment