Monday 14 September 2009

There was the first tang of autumn in the air this evening, and I'm sitting in the lounge wearing a sweater and still feeling a touch of chill. I love autumn, but need to make sure I have the right clothes for it; time to get the winter clothes out of storage.

I've spent a lovely weekend with my family, wandering in the dales, eating amazing food and sleeping under possibly the snuggliest duvet ever.

The guest house we stayed in is a traditional yorkshire dales semi detached cottage by a babbling brook, the sweet scented smoke of real wood fires drifting past and up into the fields behind. At night there are no street lights so your way is only lit by the stars, of which we could see thousands more than at home. I also fell in love with the floor in the hallway. It's mosaic tile, probably original and breathtakingly beautiful and shiny.

more later because I need tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment