Wednesday 18 May 2011

Getting over the hump, just

Wednesday is "hump day", its downhill to the weekend from here.

I'm not sure why I picked Wednesday as the day for a texty post as its pretty much the busiest evening of the week(exercise class and church group). I'll see how this part of the posting schedule goes as the weeks go on, it may just not work.

So climbing up the slope this week and making me glad to be past the halfway point has been the head cold I've been fighting and the fact that I've been feeling stressed and pushed for time (nothing new there).

The cold is clearing (yes!) And I had a revelation about the time thing on the way home...Madonna! It would really help if I got a set of those headphones talk pieces and some speech recognition software. I do a lot of thinking on the way home (which led to this idea, of course) but most of it is lost cos I can't write stuff down whilst I'm driving. The wonders of modern technology could make a huge difference I think.

The thought of me driving home from work kitted out like a retro Madonna was quite entertaining too. I tried out the speech recognition on my smart phone when I got in to see how viable the idea was. It thought "apples" was "letter" and "hopefully" was "andrew", so maybe not quite the time saving miracle I imagined!

For the rest of the week I'm going to practising cutting myself some slack (guilt is *not* good, the important things will happen and it doesn't matter if they're a tad late) and trying to snarl less whilst driving. I can be shouty, its not big, clever or pretty.

This weekend I am looking forward to a Macmillan charity party a friend from work is hosting and getting my bike fixed. Have you got anything planned that you're looking forward to?

Ps, if you're around Liverpool on Sat and would like to support Macmillan cancer whilst having a whole heap of fun at the same time leave a message and i'll give you details.

No comments:

Post a Comment